7 HOLY WEEK 2013: SEVEN BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES IN MAKATI CITY FOR VISITA IGLESIA

Vista Iglesia: First stop, Mother of Perpetual Help Redemptorist, Baclaran
(Except Baclaran, this is not in Makati)
I never expect summer starts earlier than the usual time. As I remember April always kicks off summer season. And while the sun actively heating the country; it is also the sign of Holy Week festivities. Our Mt. Ugo climb happened to fall on Good Friday or officially Black Saturday so this could be our penance for the said event.

However before our climb I promised myself to have Visita Iglesia as exchange for not telling my dearest mother about the climb. She warned me week before the climb not to go anywhere. I never tell her about it because I know she won’t let me. Bad me..sorry po.

Straight from the office working graveyard shift, I went to Baclaran as my first stop. I brought nothing just faith and dedication. I had nothing to read only screen shots from my phone of what to pray and what to do. I called my friend about it since I wasn’t sure. She told me to read only two stations per church since there are 14 Stations of the Cross divide by seven churches. 
Visita Iglesia: Second Stop, St. John Bosco Parish
Thanks to my Samsung Galaxy for the reading materials and camera. I’m equipped and good to go. First stop was the famous Baclaran church, followed by St. John Bosco Parish. Since I lived in Makati, I chose nearby churches only. And by the way it was my first time doing it. And thats another revelation, I'm so bad.
Visita Iglesia: Third Stop, Sto. Niño de Paz Community Greenbelt Chapel
Third stop was Greenbelt Chapel where I usually attended Sunday mass. It was so strange for the place furnished with cars and mall goers but what I saw was completely different. Looks like scene from pandemic TWD series. I moved ahead straight to church and continued my 5th and 6th  Station of the Cross.

Visita Iglesia: Fouth Stop, Sts. Peter and Paul Parish
After the reading I need to get inside the church for my personal intentions then stirred right to my next venue. I was waiting at the street withered, no public transpo so I had to take cab going to Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Poblacion. It was my first time visiting the place although I had been wandering around vicinity. The church blends by the old church with austere modern facade.

The sky getting crazier, the temperature became stronger, I need to be quick since I had to transfer places via public vehicles. I feel like faded but the devotion kept me alive. That time I had no idea where the next church. Thanks God - while walking going to jeepney stop, St. Andrew the Apostle Parish came to my mind. I only attended mass here once and it pierced on my list. I dropped by at Reposo St. cor. JP Rizal and walked few meters. Good thing the Parish is fully air conditioned and somehow tiredness relieved.

Visita Iglesia: Fifth Stop, St. Andrew the Apostle Parish
I stayed in the church for couple of minutes after reading 9th and 10th Stations while others continued their vows doing the same as mine. I don’t have any problem with the remaining two since I am bordered, one in Singkamas and in La Paz. After the veins recovered I walked again under the mighty sun.
Visita Iglesia: Sixth Stop, Parish of the Holy Cross
Parish of the Holy Cross is just a few blocks away from my house. It is located along JP Rizal, when I get there a woman shared her life story and praises the goodness of the Lord. I continued my novena then rushed to my last station, Our Lady of La Paz Parish is the closest to my place. I stayed there longer and once again vowed with my own intentions. That time I was very emotional, it was very silent. There were old people also prayed for their personal intensions. I feel the solemnity. Only the waft of the winds offered the noise under the peaceful ambience. And before my tears peek out at the edge of my eyes I left the place and thanking Lord Jesus Christ for once again saving all my sins.
Visita Iglesia: Seventh Stop, Our Lady of La Paz Parish
I arrived in my room peaceful and calm. I’m proud because I was able to finish my first ever Seven Churches Visitation and sensuous feeling of festivity. I rested for a while then packed my things for the climb. I like the feeling that you are proud for what you done besides the sleepless all the way from your shift. Gagawin ko na ‘tong panata sa buhay ko. 

7 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Uu sir..natakot ako baka may curse kay Mother. I was lying eh. Hehe. Pero enjoy naman ako.

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

I am not very religious myself, and I'm very amazed with what people do for their faith :) Dami ko rin lies na nabitawan kay mother, ngayon pinagtatawanan na lang namin dalawa. Hihi.

Unknown said...

Like I said Madam, im sooo bad for 24 years of existence it was my first time to do such penance. Haha. Pero katuwa naman kayo ng Mudra mo..parang bestfriends lang. :)

Balut said...

been doing vicita iglesia for more than half of my life but in the earlier days it wasn't a literal church hopping. As of date i can't no longer count the number of church that i visited and i'm planning to do a documentation about it :)

btw, thanks for visiting my blog and for adding me to your roll. Ill add yours soon when im back to my desk :)

Unknown said...

Hey Arnie! Thank you for reading my blog post about Angkor Wat. I added you already on my links. Enjoy your trip in Cambodia and tell us about your experience too! See you on the road! :)

Jan Ashlee
pinoybreakaway.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@Balut
-Thank you for giving time to visit my little site, like I said Visita Iglesia is first time ever this year. Im soo bad, kainggit ka di na mabilang ung simbahan nararating mo. Sana magtuloy tuloy na tong panatang to kahit seven churches like kada Holy Week..:)

Thanks for adding my site to ur web!

Unknown said...

@Jan
Yezzir I will definitely follow your Cambodia tour as my personal guide, in fact I did save the link already..

Salamat din po sa pag add ng site. :)

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates