2 FrancisM: Isang Umaga, Isang Takbo, Isang Alaala, A Tribute Run for The Master Rapper!


Congratulations all the participants of FrancisM’s first ever fun run event. A tribute for the master rapper held on March 30, 2014, death month anniversary of Francis “Kiko” Magalona. Presented by RUNtarantantan by Bearwin Meily, part of the proceeds will go to Francis Magalona Foundation.


In line to this event, I’m glad that I have returned. I have joined back in 2012 for Go Naturals in 5k category but that was it. So this event is a kick-off to start anew. I am grateful that I have found new friends who are fond of running. And take note they are much willing to do the registration and reservation.

And how was my preparation for this run? Nahhh, 16k is not a joke. So I trained almost every single day at the Ayala Triangle Gardens where most of the joggers vested in. I started from 3k to 5k to 8k and to 10k, then afterwards beating my 10k personal records, thanks to my running apps. Speaking of running applications, for newbies, I used Nike+ this is free from App Store and Google Play, you can also use Runkeeper or Endomondo. 

One of the basic requirements to use this app is internet; GPS should be activated in order to track your location and that requires internet connectivity. I’m not sure if this true, my friend able to use Nike+ app using only “free facebook” from Globe.


And how about the run? Hmmm, we were late. I didn’t get ahead with road blockings and parking area. Spurred in the moment without warming up, we were at the third batch. Run is hosted by lead organizer himself Bearwin Meily and comedian Bayani Agbayani. First 30 minutes is quite tiring and strange. I was wheezing, I’m running out of breath, my legs will yield at any time. So I took a walkathon for 5 minutes then run again until I manage the rhythm of my body and legs. Good thing the map is just a straight stretch from Roxas Boulevard to Coastal area.


And I just noticed and glad the creativity of other runners, the way they wear superhero costumes, colorful wigs, running barefoot, shirtless showing their beautiful pandesal abs, deym…rich in “pakwelas”. After all they just give the real meaning of FUN-RUN – competition in an entertaining way.

So this is me, fat-ass runner! Looking serious, but no no, I know they take pictures so I should look like I’m real serious with this run. Haha. I guess I know now which to wear for the sake of runningkwelaEvery Day I’m Shufflin’ – LMFAO!

Thanks to RUNNING PHOTOGRAPHERS for the photos used on this post. You can like their facebook page and website to look for your running actions caught by their lenses.



RUN RECAP

Event Distance:
3k, 5k, 10k and 16k - No time Stamp!

Registration Fee:
3k - P450
5k - P550
10k - P650
16k - P750
Inclusive of Singlet, Bib Number, FrancisM Dogtag Medal color depending on distance, 16k finisher gets Man from Manila finisher shirt.

2 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Idol ko si Francis M. I grew up listening to his music. Mabuhay ang OPM.

Unknown said...

@Pau:
Mabuhay na mabuhay po ang #OPM. #FrancisM will stay in the hearts of every #Filipino. :)

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates