4 BANCAS FOR THE PHILIPPINES, THE NATGEO RUN 2014


First for Fifth. It is 5th National Geographic Channel’s Earth Day Run in the Philippines, promoting its advocacy for nature together with the World Wide Fund organization. Exactly 12,000 runners joined the event and glad that I am part of the promotion at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. It is my first time (obviously) joining NatGeo’s Run and I would say this is the biggest and the grandest so far.


This year theme is “Bancas for the Philippines” a funding project of WWF helping fisher folks in Palawan who lost their fishing boats during the onslaught of typhoon Yolanda. And I am so thrilled that more and more runners showing support for the advocacy. No wonder NatGeo’s opened 42k, the newest category because of its growing demand.


I finished my run in 10k category for an hour and fifteen minutes. The score is bad compared to my 10k training records which I finished for not more than one hour. Maybe because not in the mood as I don’t have training for nearly three weeks’ time.

First four kilometers, I’m like resistant to finish the run in an exceptional time record. However I felt cold and sense of faintness. I know something is not good so I didn’t pushed myself and decided to just walk. Now I know the importance of proper training and preparation before the run and also to reduce risk of injury. So I'm thinking of enrolling running clinic.








Indeed 10 kilometer run is a swift physical test but a perfect training for half marathon. Hopefully it will continue so I lose weight and get fit in preparation for next year NatGeo Run. And I’ll make sure that it will be 21k to achieve the ever hard to earn finisher shirt. See you next year running fellas.


4 COMMENTS:

Balut said...

Congrats pa rin!

KULAPITOT said...

Sana ganyn ako kadeterminado


Sesexy ka nian for sure

Unknown said...

@Balut:
Thanks Coach! Salamat sa payo sa takbo. :) Sobrang inspirasyon ko po kayo dito.

Unknown said...

@Kulapitot:
Nakow di rin ako sesexy Idol. Hindi kasi ako nakain, kundi nalamon. Hihi.

Determination! So hard to earn but when your there, unstoppable. :) #Push

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates