1 An Extreme Super Viking Ride in SkyRanch Tagaytay.

Super Viking and Sky Eye 
When was the last time I experienced a death defying ride? If I’m not mistaken the first time was in Star City, a roller coaster ride with just a single 360 turn. And I’m sure I was second year high school and was like 14 years old or so. Yeah poor boy we don’t have a carnival like rides in the province because living there is like out of trends. So no wonder I started living a city kid life at a latter part of my childhood.

Next, I guess in Enchanted Kingdom with a bloody hell Space Shuttle ride. I’m good with forwards but with backwards? Oh darn, no words can explain the heart-breaking experience. And I was 23 years old that time? And I realized I’m not really fancy of heart pounding rides. If we do the math, nine freaking years without having an extreme carnival ride.

But! However! Nevertheless...

A year after it’s like a level up. I experienced the most, and I should say an extreme, supreme, life-threatening ride in my whole life. I experienced riding the Hair Raiser in Ocean Park Hong Kong. This roller coaster seated on top of the mountain, so what will you expect? Every manoeuvre, body twists is really terrifying. A kiss to death ride. Another one is The Flash, this ride almost turned my intestines crease, I just controlled myself not to vomit. Honestly I'm not gonna try it again.

Lunch at the Gerry's Grill with an overlooking view of Taal Lake.
Then, few months later back in the Philippines, I heard about the tallest ferris wheel in the country. SkynRanch is the newest attractions in Tagaytay owned by SM and part of expansion of the City's booming tourism. It also gains more fame as it is being featured in primetime news channels. And since we lived only few kilometers away from Tagaytay, so we decided to have a quick visit with the family. 

This theme park offers different ride such as horse-back riding, extreme Super Viking, Sky Eye, the country's tallest ferris wheel which stands 207 feet and a lot more. Entrance fee is P100 with 20% discount for Senior Citizen and PWD. Gazebo is also for rent for P750 and P1000 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Overlooking view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano.
Unfortunately they don’t have ride-all-you-can-ticket to try all of them, which means you will need to buy ride individually. The most popular are Super Viking and Sky Eye. There are also available rides for the kids such as Mini Viking, Express Train and many more.

Ticket Prices are follows:
Nessi Coaster - P50, Red Baron - P50, Wonder Flight - P50, Mini Viking - P50, Carousel - P50, Express Train - P50, Super Viking - P100 and Sky Eye - P150.

Gigantic Sky Eye, the country's tallest ferris wheel.
I would like to try first the gigantic ferris wheel, however a little rain showers that time and the management decided to stop the Sky Eye operation. Not a good time though but I understand, for the safety of ride-goers. Its jut so sad that I missed the chance to see how Tagaytay looks like in 360 view. Oh well like the usual reason, there's always a reason to come back. Ek ek ek.

The Gazebos.
If not the Sky Eye and other rides that are intended for the kids, then Super Viking is the only choice. You can purchase tickets inside the theme park and sadly that would be another line. And if you wish to try more rides for your kids then make sure to get them all or else you will have to fall in line again.

We fell in line together and wait for our turn, the four of us with my 9-year-old niece patiently waiting while watching the first batch that is continuously shouting and screaming to the highest pitch. Scream for life! And that is added the excitement and the intense.

Our turn. We seated near the back portion so we really feel the intense. I was with my niece so whatever happen I can guide her. It started with back and forth slowly and while the clock ticks, it’s getting faster and faster and higher. People started to scream and so do i. After couple of minutes swinging my butt was already taken off from the flat so I know the strange is at peak. I dunno what were the words coming out from my mouth but I know I did all the ruthless expressions. Yikes. !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*()  !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&*

Until!

My niece was already crying, and I kept on telling her in the middle of swing that she will be fine, my biceps and triceps (oh ha!) pushing her breast so she will just stay in the backrest. But she really scared so we signaled the controller to stop the ride after only around 3 minutes of screaming, the entire Viking ride lasts for 10 minutes.

What the Face. #jomel
Overall I can feel the extreme ride of this Super Viking. Ride for your life and scream for your life. Even though we only last for 3 minutes yet the excitement, the intense is at peak. Super Viking must try at SkyRanch. When we get off, feels like we were drunk and theme park was spinning. Ah dizziness.

SkyRanch is the best escape and Tagaytay is quite near from Manila so fairly good enough to complete your weekend. Cool weather, best dines and a lot more attractions to visit.


1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

@Unyol:

Uu nga e, kahit ako di ko naranasan sumakay sa ferris wheel. Kelangan balikan. :)

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates