1 A YEAR IN REVIEW: THE KIDWANDERER HIGHLIGHTS IN 2014 (PART II)

I was in the middle of our trip en route to Banaue for the last travel spree of the year thinking of where I have been in 2014! I started the year without the travel journal that’s why I am having hard time remembering all the places I have visited.

Thanks to blogspot’s blog archive widget, I now recollected all the travel journals for 2014. I thought I have not achieved much in travels and sort of activities but soon I realized that I’m actually active in 2014. In fact I would say that the year that just ended was my most travel year. Heck! That’s why I decided for this coming 2015 to list down all the past and incoming travels, nakikiuso sa tinatawag na Starbuko planner. I don’t wanna wake up again with Amnesia.

Here's the Part I of  highlighting my travel stories in 2014
JANUARY 2014 - LAGUNA
We opened the year of the wooden horse by hiking the mountains to witness the majestic falls of Buntot Falls. It is known and the most visited place in Pangil, Laguna. I was grateful that Manong Unyol of manongunyol.blogspot.com, one of my travel buddies considered me joining the event. I also met other respected bloggers in the name of Francis Balgos of pala-lagaw.com, The Travel Panda himself Mike Laagan of mikelaagan.com and Billy Palatino of galaero-escapetravels.blogspot.com. That was an awesome trip and I guess the most numbers of hikers I have joined ever. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1Bjnl0x


FEBRUARY 2014 - BATAAN
Just like the say, whatever you do in the first month of the year may reflect the rest of the year. And I guess right, following to Buntot Palos, we decided to climb the highest vantage point of Bataan. Mt. Natib, along with Mt. Mariveles or Tarak Ridge is the most favorite place to climb in the province. This is also considered as major climb and may require and overnight camping at the summit. I was with TOSOC MOUNTAINEERS my mountaineering group and some of the newbies as well as my friend who's conquering mountains in the Visayas.  So she came all the way from Negros Oriental to join this climb.

Mt. Natib has also a perfect sidetrip which is common in most mountain climbs. It may require additional four hours of your trek itinerary. Pasukulan falls is stunning and beautiful. The sound of the falls fells like serenading your ears, the place is relaxing surrounded with its cold atmosphere. It has rainbow at the bottom edge of the water. It’s like pampering myself which you really want to experience. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1xBxYv3


MARCH 2014 - BATANGAS
The government declares Fire Prevention Month in the first day of March. And fire which means heat, the sun has just started scorching the surface which is a sign of incoming summertime. Therefore we would like to start summer the soonest possible time so we decided to conquer nearby beaches in Batangas. We set our team building at Lemery Batangas with a theme seize the day, the summer getaway. Read more at: http://bit.ly/13E0qSh


APRIL 2014 - LAS PIÑAS METRO MANILA
Summer also marks the start of the Holy Week. I started this Panata back in 2013 by visiting the seven churches or Visita Iglesia. That year I have visited churches along Makati area only so this time I want to visit one church per Metro Manila City. I started in Muntinlupa and ended in Caloocan. One of the churches is the St. Joseph Church in Las Piñas or popular known as The Bamboo Organ Church. I think this is the reason why I came up the idea of visiting churches outside Makati because I wanted to visit this Bamboo Organ which I only see in Elementary textbooks. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1rxeFDJ


MAY 2014 - CAVITE
Summer is also the best time to climb mountains to avoid muddy trails. I’m always keen to conquer this Mt. Palay-Palay in Ternate Cavite also known as Pico de Loro. It’s famous of one heck challenge, just like the say, your climb to this mountain will never be accomplished without surviving the one hell stone formation sitting at the edge of the mountain. It’s really scary like one step you miss will surely end your life, it is challenging indeed but when you get there. It’s one heck an achievement and make sure to comply with epic jump shot. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1zPqWq2


MAY 2014 - MASBATE
Nearly five years ago the last time I stepped in my hometown. Barrio Fiesta happens in May and the perfect time to reminisce the childhood memories and seeing old friends. I grew up here until I graduated in Elementary so I’m a proud Bisdak or Bisayang-dako. Fiesta is one of the important events in our Barangay honouring the patron saints thanking for a prosperous year ahead. I also grabbed the opportunity to spend quality time with my parents whom I didn’t see for a longer time. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1xfnBOE 


JUNE 2014 - MANILA FUNRUN
I have joining running events first quarter of 2014 but June marks my farthest run, the most epic 21k run vying for the finisher shirt. Though it is halfway to go for Full Mary yet most runners have their fulfillment once finished their first ever half marathon.  Run United 2 tested my agility and stamina of how long should I conquer their challenge. I have seen runners giving up at the last minute of the run but it feels so glad that I finished it strong and injury-free. After that time, it’s a fresh start to join 21k events and collecting singlets, medals, and of course the coveted finisher shirt. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1xfq5N7


This will be the end of the first part of my year in review. Covering from January to June and the other half will be posted as soon as possible. I’d like to thank all the people, following my blogs and taking time reading it. I'm looking forward for more support from you guys. Cheers!!!

1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Great blog, very informative, big thumbs up. :)

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates