0 A YEAR IN REVIEW: THE KIDWANDERER HIGHLIGHTS IN 2014 (PART I)

This would be the second part, continuation of my travel stories in 2014 covering months of July to December. You can also click below link for the first part highlighting January to June.



JULY 2014 - THEKIDWANDERER GOES TO THAILAND
After two years of silence of having not traveled abroad, I finally got the chance to step into another soil. And this time it’s going to be ASEAN invasion. Bangkok, Thailand is one of the sought-after destinations because of its friendly people and lifestyle is less expensive than any cities around the globe. That’s why we also want to experience the touch of Thai people and their rich culture. Indeed, it was a real pleasure stepping the land of Siam interspersing the locals whom pricelessly offered their beautiful smiles and hospitality. I love the food by the way; the authentic ones can be found not just on fancy diners but also in all over the streets. Spicy foods are plus for me. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1wGWFCw


AUGUST 2014: SECOND HALF MARATHON IN MANILA
Following to a successful first half marathon finished, after two months I didn’t expect that I would run again for my second half marathon. I thought the passion is now hitting the roads but the trail up on the mountains is always my first love. I trained hardly for this event, because I wanted to break my personal record hoping to finish below 3 hours threshold. I know every runner wishes to smash their own records and so do I. I trained almost every day for 10k at the Ayala Triangle and after two weeks of training the official event held. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to hit the goal of below three hours but I was able to break my PR ahead of 15 minutes. It’s just the start! Push for more in 2015. Read more at: http://bit.ly/VLhHou


AUGUST 2014: BURUWISAN FALLS, SINILOAN LAGUNA
Also on the same month after hitting the road for fun run events I have decided joining the trails of the mountains. We visited the beautiful Buruwisan Falls in Siniloan, Laguna. Although until now I don’t really understand why they call it Mt. Romelo. It’s not about the summit visit I would say; it’s about visiting the series of falls of Famy which Buruwisan is the grandest among others. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1vyGerP


SEPTEMBER 2014: FOREVER SUMMER IN PANSOL, LAGUNA
Indeed it’s forever summer. September is actually rainy month however no one can stop chasing the party. If not by the beach it’s by the pool with different private resorts. Pansol Laguna houses almost all of the private resorts because of their hot spring. Therefore whether the weather is hot or cold we have all the ways just to cater non-stop happenings.  Thanks to my company, I think I’m in the right place, they’re generous enough to give us little budget for a little gathering. They want us to celebrate for a newly form department. That’s why we decided last minute to crash it down in Pansol. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1I38ae5 


OCTOBER 2014: REXONA RUN IN MANILA
This would my third and last half marathon event for this year. I couldn’t believe that I made it three for this year, though less for others but a great great great achievement for me. Also with this run, I broke not just my PR but hit the below three hours threshold. I also want to give credit all the people and organizer to make the Rexona Run 2014 successful, I’d like to say that this is the hippest run to your beat marathon I have ever joined. Looking forward to join again next year. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1vyQXCq 


NOVEMBER 2014: BUCHOK GOES BACK TO SOUTH EAST ASIA


MALAYSIA
I never expected that I’ll have my second and third country of this year. I don’t have sponsors for an all-expense paid trip so everything is coming out of pocket. I don’t have enough resources and all these was from my savings. I know I should be saving at this moment but sometimes the experience is priceless. Malaysia was our first stop, though the itinerary flopped a little due to heavy rains but I had the chance mingling with the locals.

SINGAPORE
Straight from Manila and we arrived in Kuala Lumpur, then from Kuala Lumpur we arrived in Singapore next day morning. It was my first time stepping in three different countries in less than 24 hours. That was amazing. We had so much fun in Singapore especially the Universal Studios. In fact I’m started liking this tiny nation yet so full of life. Everything is in place, people respect the law, and public transportation is in order. I would say this small country has a lot to offer. If there’s one place I wanna go back, it is Singapore.


NOVEMBER 2014: BOLINAO AND ALAMINOS, PANGASINAN
Also November of 2014, I had the chance to visit one the Philippines tourism frontiers. Our very own, Hundred Islands in Alaminos Pangasinan. Straight all the way from Malaysia and Singapore I only have on day rest then jump to explore Pangasinan. First day we went to Bolinao Tour exploring the country side of the province. We visited Bolinao Falls, Enchanted Cave, Lighthouse and Rock Formation near Patar Beach. Second day, we went to the Hundred Islands. There’s so much activity to do here, the most recent activity is ziplining from one island to another. You can also the usual beach bumming, snorkeling, reef walking or even  cliff jumping at the cave inside Marcos Island. 


DECEMBER 2014: GIVE LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS
An accomplished mission, I’m really dreaming of doing the outreach program. I want to give back and share the blessings I received. Not just this year. Thank you is I guess not enough, I would say the best is to share what you have. I want to thank the Lord for the opportunity, the colleague helped me raised money to buy the groceries and friends who joined us. I want to do it yearly. Read more at: http://bit.ly/1rLQpxU


DECEMBER 2014: CHRISTMAS AT THE CORDILLERAS
It’s a year-end travel. We often go to Baguio to experience this so called Christmas weather. But we would like to extend our trip and visit more places at the Cordilleras. Thus we decided to conquer one of the UNESCO’s heritage site the Banaue-Batad Rice Terraces. Going there was never easy but when you get there is like something you’ll never regret. I wish I can bring my work and stay there for longer days. The experience was awesome, were totally detached from the outside world.

Then after Banaue, we decided to climb in Sagada, we did nothing, we only seized the best diners in town. And of course the Summer Capital however this time, the traffic was tremendous.

  
So this conclude my travel year. I didn't expect that I have activity each month. 2014 was really awesome. Again I would say 'twas the year that I traveled so much. Thank you! Hoping for more travel dates in 2015!

0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates