1 A DAY WITH HARDCOURT IDOLS, MEET AND GREET WITH SMC MIXERS

Source
Last Tuesday I had the chance to meet and greet plus a solo shot with my favourite PBA team. Thanks to my officemate now a friend which has a full access to these players. Lucky her to have all the access for practice schedules, text messaging from different basketball stars and lunch out. Shame on you my friend! Thanks Ms. Van Antonio. Ayan special mention ah. :)

Usually the SMC (San Mig Coffee) Mixers practice playground is in third level of Ronac Art Center in San Juan. I know this is not hard to find since it has the unique Cinderella-Rotating-White stairs which published on most architectural magazine in the country. SMC is not strict prohibiting fanaticos to watch their practice moves and tactics.

Getting there is I met other loyal fans who turned PA’s which started from also rooting these PBA stars. Kuya Sonny by example, a James Yap assistant started since UE days where JY’s Alma Mater and also mine. Others are from Pampanga who gave time and effort of travel just to visit their Idols.

I was just looking the entire practice game while waiting for the picture moment. I understand and noticed myself the pressure being mentored by proponent of the triangle offense Coach Tim Cone. One thing also is their basketball shoes, how I wished to get one of those. :(

And the most waited moment arrive, picture taking with the stars. They used to go out one by one so lucky us to take shot also each player. But one thing I have to make sure is the trademark shot with my idol, James Yap. He already know what I mean when I put my palm over his.



with my trademark smile and finger pose. :)
I asked James if I could have two shots from him. I told him that I remember the last time when he was still playing with the Red Warriors. The fact the he recognized that we both share the same institution is already an honour and pride. 

The Coach..

Happily that the coach is also into taking pictures with his fans. He also punched jokes to bring Danggit for their trip in Cebu in few days. Marc Pingris is also jolly when it comes to intermingling with his fans. PJ is also approachable.

with the SMC coach..Tim Cone
with jersey 15..Marc Pingris
one of my idols, court superstar..PJ Simon
I had the best experience. It was the first time ever having pictures with the court idols. This might be once in a lifetime experience so I grabbed the opportunity in kapal-mukha mode.


However, I dunno what happened. After practice going back home, Van noticed that my right eye was red. It wasn’t itchy and I can’t remember if it was hit by something. I’m also thinking if it was due to sleepless and tired since we get straight to the place right after our midnight shift. But I was worried. I only have three days before Hong Kong and I’m sure the airport would not allow me to get board if I do have sickness.

Good thing I had my health card so I rushed to Makati Medical Centre to confirm if it’s sore eyes or whatsoever. I seek an ophthalmologist and do some sort of tests, eyes up, down, right, left, drops, plus a dye (i dunno why need it).

I was waiting for couple of minutes for the result.

Faster heartbeat. I was praying, hope this will not ruin my first ever trip abroad. Lord knows that I was waiting for this almost a year.

Result shows that it was positive. Cheerless arrived. Speechless. I asked the doctor if he could give me the best medicine drop no matter how much it cost. I told him about my Hong Kong vacation but he didn’t give an assurance for recovery in a short period of time. It will last for a week or two.

I don’t like this, but it’s God’s will, it will be done.


I still try my luck to get in to the airport. I hope the management will let me pass and would not notice my eyes. :(

1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Salamat sir..parang nawalan nga ako ng ganang mag impake eh. Huhu. Sana po makalusot sir.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates