1 PASSENGER WITH SORE EYES VERSUS THE IMMIGRATION



Like what I said from my previous post I acquired sore eyes from nowhere and I don’t even remember if it’s hit by something. I’m afraid I will not be able to fly for Hong Kong. I got only three days to recover from this hilarious illness. Destiny maybe since everything had happened “firsts” only for this year. First ever trip abroad and…first ever sore eyes.

The day comes. I was packing my things up with unsure feelings of excitement or boredom. I hate failure. But I still need to try my luck if I could pass through these unending airport checkups. Even my travel buddy turned partner had this disappointment feeling. We were waiting for this day and only sore eyes can stop us for this supposedly ecstatic adventure. And the blame was mine.

Apart from this illness, one more problem we never anticipate. Philtranco bus lines that happened to have 11 PM and 2 AM schedules from Manila (Megamall and Pasay) to Clark are no longer available. We called Pasay office, their last schedule was 8 PM. So we need to crash web sites again for an alternative route to Clark. There’s only one option, take Dau, Pampanga route.

We rushed to Dagupan Bus Lines that will take us to Dau, since they have 24 hours travel schedules. It was an hour travel to Dau [P150/person], then tricycle [P50] to airport’s main gate. From main gate, there were jeeps waiting [P250] that will bring us departure area.
Tip: Jeep fare is only 250 pesos no matter how many you are. If you got spare time, you can wait other passenger for you to share this fare.

We arrived on time so we need to wait for two hours before check-in. It is always better to be on time or ahead rather than hastening ourselves.



We arrived 2 AM  so we got two hours to burn, check in counters open around 4 AM. Meantime we prepared things needed upon checkin in. 
Lemme share to you on our checklist.
[1] Passports (please bring one valid ID just in case) | [2] Money, we already exchange our cash to US Dollars, thanks to Ms. Chyng for telling us about Sanry's  at Greenbelt| [3] Our Hong Kong Itinerary | [4] Pen and Paper (this is important guys, you will be writing a lot of things during your flight and paper where you write all important info like contact numbers and address | [5] Installed app on our phones for MTR routing maps.

And still don’t have the concrete feelings of excitement. There were stingy “what if’s” running on my mind. Voice over buzzed to check in. I asked Ae to go first and give our passports; I will be on his back. I asked to borrow his reading glasses so they don’t bother asking to take it off and also to conceal my eyes.

Waiting on the check-in counters, Ae paid the travel tax and terminal fee while waiting to open our counter. Now our turn, the girl assigned was nice. She didn’t ask for my birthday since she was doing it from other passengers. I kept my eyes looking down. I held my scapular and praying hoping the girl wouldn’t notice my red eyes. After couple of minutes, check in done. Thanks God.

Travel Tax - P 1,620/person

Terminal Fee - P 400/person [Terminal fee is much cheaper in Clark than in NAIA]

Next is immigration. 

Drum roll..heart beats faster. We were first on the line. I give him the passport. I was worried at the same time since it was my first travel abroad, passport filled empty so he might asking several questions. It was nerve-wracking moment. 

Again, I held my scapular and asked a little prayer, I make some disturbance gestures like I smiled, I showed my tongue and bite it with my teeth, I pressed my face. God’s planned. The immigration officer was also busy chatting with his colleague. I heard the stamps, my heart stops beating, my lips started to smile, my ears were moving..yohoo!!






Finally I saw this DMIA view that can only be seen from the blogosphere. I also got this wide smile and a peace sign before boarding. Thanks God for letting me fly and experience visiting foreign country. By the way, I noticed this mountain on my back, Sir Ivan can you tell me what it is? Thanks..

1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

..dun kasi mas mura sir eh. Buti na nga din kasi pag dito sa Manila baka mas mahigpit di rin ako makalusot. Hehe.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates