2 BEST OF 2012, A YEAR END POST



Do I have the right to publish about year-end post like other bloggers do? I understand that this blog runs underneath network of networks couple of months ago and I got only few numbers of followers and likers. As long I checked the status of this blog, it draws people around the world for some information or perhaps some of them are our beloved Filipino workers.

As second’s ticks and hours counts and day’s passes by, I know I did not imprison myself in the middle of four contracted corners. I always go out. “Travelling” and “Wandering” are two different things. In my own opinion, travelling is going to anywhere which is far from your mother place that may need to take plane rides. Wandering is going to next door provinces or simply walking around the corner.

Two Thousand and Twelve is a year where I travel most. I do not know if this is still considered as simple wandering or deemed to be already travelling.

Give me the chance the share my year-end article – thru the help of Facebook timeline, I’ll be checking out my travelogue in the past twelve months.


January:
I was again invited by TOSOC Mountaineers for Tarak Ridge in Bataan. This would be my second hike right after Mt. Batulao last 2011. I almost yield out for this assault. I quickly agreed from the invitation without getting any information about this mountain. All I know it is situated in Bataan. I never thought, this mountain is in the list of major hikes. But I’m glad I made it though I wasn’t able to reach the summit where the cheerless single tree standing fighting against the woe. And as mountaineer newbie, I’m gonna go back here whenever invitation arrives.


February:
A paradise that everyone dreaming of. Internationally acclaimed and named as 2012 Best Island in the world. It’s truly a paradise that you wanna live with. A gift of nature that you are about to share with – fine white sands, clear seawater, extreme sports, and night party. Boracay is a place to escape to relieve your stress acquired from paper works and drowning metro streets.

It was also my first time riding a plane.



March:
Company Anniversary. Employees were competing into different sports clinic. And yours truly, wearing red mask rocking on the Arena floors. We didn’t won for Cheerdance Competition.




April:
Company outing. We’ll not really the entire company. In an organization expect that there will be circle of friends especially batch mates. I never thought that we could stay in Zambales with Potipot Island as side trip for three days. Leaving work is quite hard for us since we are under 24/7 service. Seventeen people made it behind lil setback. We came there without money. Someone paid the trip then pay later. The reason was the closure of Export Bank and our money was held until a month later.



June:
Enchanted Kingdom. Honestly, it was my first time to visit the place. You might be laughing but so damn true. I don’t know but I always decline for every invitation. I like rides and extreme rides. The first time I went here wasn’t good at all. First stop was the roller coaster – the space shuttle. And couple of minutes walking around the place heavy rain fell down flooding the entire place and cause the closure of the rides. So what waiting for, go home!




July:
Birthday Bash! It is celebrated in Tagaytay with the Family. We used to visit all the places and a night stay in the Highlands. Flying like a superman for few seconds, Tagaytay Zipline can be added to the extreme sport at the Picnic Grove, plus viewing in 360° at People’s Park in the Sky – the highest place in Tagaytay.


September:

Third Ascent.   The first day of ber months, it’s been a long time since the last climb. I can’t consider myself as mountaineer. For this year, I only climb two but not bad. Mountain escape would always be great especially reaching the summit where the real definition of freedom can be found. First time also to hike under the rain, mas masaya pala walang hingal.




November:
It was the first time setting my foot in a foreign soil. My passport is no longer a display and food for mice. I learned how far we are from neighbouring countries, economically and socially stands are far driven. It’s not about comparison and to enjoy the moment while sipping all the panoramic view of the place. Exit to Macau is also quite challenging and excited.






I am looking forward for more travel in 2013 as I have schedule already for Mt. Pulag in January, Bohol in July, and Cambodia in November. On my list is to visit, Sagada, Caramoan, and Enchanted River in Mindanao hopefully before the year ends. Also, looking forward to meet my travel idols sirs and madams – namely Ivan of ivanlakwatsero.com; Chyng of chyngreyes.com; Manong Unyol of manongunyol.blogspot.com; Christian of lakadpilipinas.com; James of journeyingjames.com; Marcos of ambot-ah.com; Sir Gideon of pinoymountaineer.com and many more.

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon po sa lahat ng tumangkilik ng TheKidWanderer.

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Goodluck to you and your travel plans in 2013.

Unknown said...

Manong Unyol..more mountains to climb. Pag ubos na outside the country naman. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates