0 CHECKLIST WHEN HIKING MT. PULAG


The days getting closer and I am kicked to summit Mt. Pulag, the highest peak in Luzon and third in the country. Pulag is known to its magnificent sea of clouds formations that looks like the playground of gods and goddesses. Although I have been through a lot of mountains top and the view above the earth is quite familiar but Pulag would be a different story.

I been to different mountains that situated in nearby provinces of Metro Manila and I have never been into superfluous preparation compared to this Pulag invasion. So as preparation, the group listed things of what to bring.
  • Clothes [ Atleast 3 pairs]
  • Fleece Jacket/Down Jacket/Shell [must be suited to temperatures of 0-7°C]
  • Raingear [Rain Jacket / Poncho]
  • Trekking Pants / Jogging Pants [Preferably Waterproof]
  • Extra Socks
  • Trekking Shoes / Hiking Shoes
  • Gloves
  • Bonnet / Head Gear / Scarf / Malong
  • Plastic Bags [for water proofing, clothes, and gadgets]
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Large Garbage Bags
  • Flashlights / Headlamps [extra batteries]
  • Personal Whistle [in case you get lost, a whistle is a better chance to hear you]
  • Personal Meds / First Aid Kit
  • Tissue Paper / Wet Wipes
  • Water Bottles [at least 3 liters]
  • Personal Trail Food
  • Camera
So I rushed myself working overtimes to get these complete gears. So far, I bought 70% of these things listed above which is quite different with my past hikes. Thanks to Mr. Victor Chan for giving me big discounts. Here’s what I got.


Bag – I chose Columbia Titanium 40L for only P1,700 [discounted price]. Though I had hard time choosing between 60 or 40L but I decided with usability. I can bring this Columbia Titanium in daily basis unlike with 60L that only use when trekking happen.







Winter Jacket – I bought The North Face Summit Series for only P1,600 [discounted price]. Though I understand this is not enough due to the extreme cool atmosphere, so I need to bring my fleece jacket. I also bought two TNF shirts for only P500 [discounted price].



Bonnet, Scarf, and Gloves – I think I’m ready. 



Nothing else that is more excited than myself. I wanna experience how chilly the highest place in Luzon. Although I have pathetic body when it comes to coldness that could break my bones and split my veins but this would be an experience that worth. Three days to go..and next article would my best mountain experience and successful summit.

0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates