0 SCHOOL PRIDE, WEARING RED AND WHITE!


I was once shouting and yelling for my school chant. Until now I know how to sing the school hymn while the left arm lifted showing my all out support every after game win or loss. This is a tradition. I know even students from other schools have the same practice. This is how we support the UAAP and the love for our Alma Mater.

Last month I was able to watch the first round match of the UE Red Warriors and Ateneo de Manila Blue Eagles at the country’s newest architectural design MOA Arena. This would my first and hopefully not the last time to watch live in the UAAP Basketball. I’ve been an avid basketball fan, particularly in the UAAP games. I am a proud Warrior and this kind of occasion has been part and always part of my life.


The Red Warriors are currently tied with the UST Growling Tigers as the second winningest team in UAAP men's basketball, with 18 titles, most of them coming from the time of coach Baby Dalupan and Robert Jaworski. The Red Warriors holds the longest senior basketball championship run with seven straight UAAP titles. They also hold the longest finals streak appearances, with sixteen straight from 1957 to 1972.Source


At the moment, UE forecasted as an underdog by some of the renowned sports writers and true enough because the Warriors will no longer have the chance to make it to the final four even they will win the next games. However the spirit is still alive.


As mentioned, Ateneo nipped UE with a big score deficit during the first round 68-51. Expected then since Ateneo is one of the strongest team and aiming for their 4peat moment for this season. Nevertheless the Warriors never say die, even the students has the vigour and energy to showcase the school pride.


Here are some of the pictures during the first round match (Aug4.12) of UE and Ateneo (2ndGame), DLSU - UST (1st Game) where UST won after two overtimes, 84-82.




























UE received another heartfelt loss.

However what happened yesterday was a different story. UE won over Ateneo after a crucial fourth quarter game. A regretful decision not to watch the game live since it was part of my plan a day before. I was hanging the entire game watching in front of the TV screen. Oh well at least worth the wait, UE won 79-77.

The spirit once again lifted, Chris Javier did the victorious move again after the buzzer-beating trey against the UP maroons on Sunday. Gene Belleza also helped the Warriors giving Ateneo Squad second loss for this season. He scored 28 career best and five rebounds. I was weary, my fingertips ready to update my status. It was 77 tied at 7.02 seconds. I was hoping that this game belongs to the Red Troops. And the buzz alarmed, UE won. Big heart can really beat the Talent.

Coach Boyzie Zamar: Who wants to get the ball, get the biggest heart.

Credits goes to the owner of this photo.


0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates