0 SAINTS PETER AND JOHN PARISH OF MALABON



I am being nailed inside the four corners of my station. It’s a usual routine for nocturnal people which contradicts a normal life. But why choose to this kinda life if there are better options outside? I know it will be an endless discussion, either income-wise or in a sense of fulfilment. So I chose to handle two things at the same time – work and pleasure.

Work during the weekdays and winding down during the weekends. Today, since I had a business to do in Malabon where I lived during school days; I came to decide to revisit one of my favourite churches. You might wonder why I used the word “favourite”, alright please don’t get me wrong. I know it is all depends on how you handle yourself in the middle of collection but I am after the ambience and solemnity.


Saints Peter and John seized my attention the first time I visited the place. It has two gates that open, seemingly welcoming devotees during Sundays. Going inside, the Church has a unique structural design with two stairs facing each other, meeting at the center. Upon reaching the top, a wooden door stands still, awaiting to reveal a fascinating  interior. The stairs are designed identical to what we normally witness in royal celebrations where the princes and princesses greet their visitors with grace and elegance.

Sombreness around the church is drastically felt. Churches literally the quiet place in anywhere but you opt to choose where you can focus your desires and prayers. Thus I know where to go if I want some peace. 


So this is SPJ, unluckily the church is closed the time I visited and opens at 6 PM that I could no longer wait due to small time frame. I should revisit this place to showcase the panoramic view inside. I judged this as a golden minster where pigment sets all over the place.

The church was my companion in my ups and down specially during college days. I went here on every examination and when I asked for a lil favours. ‘tis church also witnessed my incomplete Miza de Gallos.


If you wish to visit this place, you may call their office at  (632) 361 9924 or visit their website for mass schedules and inquiries.


Saints Peter and John Parish
#34 Orange Road, Potrero Malabon City 1475
(632) 361 - 9924

0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates