1 SINGAPORE: MERLION PARK AND MARINA BAY SANDS' SYMPHONY OF LIGHTS


Heard the word Singapore? One thing enters my mind is Merlion. This creature is indeed a representation of the Lion City. It is an icon, an 8.5 meter tall statue with a body of a fish and a head of a lion. So that when visiting this state-country, make sure to pay a visit to the Merlion Park. 

Merlion Park is not really hard to find, Singapore is just a small country yet the most accessible when it comes to public transportation. That's why when going around the city, MRT would be your best friend. Merlion Park is situated in One Fullerton Hotel, near the Central Business District. 

We come from the Gardens by the Bay with Marina Bay Sands and Supertree Grove, that's why it only took us a couple of minutes to get to Merlion Park. It's already dark when we left the Gardens and we arrived at the park past 7 PM. But we were captivated by the lights surrounds it and the tallest skyscrapers on the background.


HOW TO GET HERE:
I'm sure there are a lot of ways to get to Merlion Park but at the moment please use the MRT as your reference. And for obvious reason, this is the only transportation I know and I'm sure I won't be lost. The nearest MRT station is Raffles Place (NS26 / EW14), then use the Exit H. Then right to the Fullerton Road and then right again to get to the Esplanade Road. You will have to cross the street to get to the park. 

Please refer to this link for your guide. 


After crossing the street and walking for a couple of meters, we already saw a white figure spouting a huge amount of water. I'm sure it is the Merlion already plus the amount of people around the area is countless. Then we stepped down thru the stairs and saw this small cub. I don't know what this cub represents, but it looks like a small replica of Merlion or maybe the son. This cub though is shinier, but the Merlion overpowered the dark ambience of  the bay area out of it's pure and white character.



And look at that, isn't amazing, the Merlion standing proudly in front of those towering skyscrapers. I thought it would be admirable to visit the Merlion Park during the day so you can see the structures around it but I thought the night has a better look. 

Here are the failed attempts of taking pictures with the Merlion. It's really hard to get the chance because if it's not blurred then someone is blocking the view. Plus I don't have a background in photography - night photography and portrait. My apologies Jerome and Harty. :S




We decided to stay there and enjoyed the view. I am busy taking photos with the self-proclaimed perfect photo of Singapore's Bay area. I was fascinated by the lights of the skyscrapers plus the Marina Bay Sands and other Singapore's known structures that are seated across the park. I don't mind taking photos of myself, enough for me to have a perfect picture with the place.

And then we heard huge sounds that called everybody's attention. I don't know Singapore has the Symphony of Lights also likewise as Hong Kong. Then some were clapping as if they're expecting of an extravagant show. I have no idea. Then a green lights suddenly appear slowly from the top of Marina Bay Sands! That was perfect and amazing.

Please see below pictures of the Symphony..








Amazing and fantastic lights show. Thanks for the welcome though. Our restless body just relieved by the warm welcome. Then after two hours of stay, we decided to go back to the hostel to rest our dead and tired body. This show cap-off our first day in Singapore.


1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

When I was there for a business trip, my office is just a stone away from Merlion Park. I never get tired of watching Merlion and Symphony of Lights every time I visited Singapore.

Nice collection of photos.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates