4 MT. BATULAO: FIRST SMACK OF THE MOUNTAINS


I never have been into mountaineering. A friend of mine and was my officemate asked to join the team. I was raised in the province and probably things get easy for me. Nakita ko yong pictures nila from Gulugod Baboy with the newly founded team and later called “TOSOC MOUNTAINEERS”. Actually he invited me before the trip but I wasn’t so sure about it since I had a lot of work to do and busy schedules. Pero nung nakita ko ung pictures in a hazy atmosphere, inggit ang namamayani sa akin. Kaya naman nagtext kagad ako and asking join for the next ride.

Batulao would be the next victim.

Before the date agreed upon I feel so thrilled for the first and ever mountaineering adventure. I googled things to bring and what to do as part of preparation. I really feel so excited and sometimes exaggerated. I know everybody has the same feeling lalo na pag kauna-unahan kung di ako nagkakamali.

The day arrived and packs all the carry. The team composed of six people arrived in Evercrest golf course around 5’oclock-afternoon so I’m expecting for a night trek. We decided to hire people as guide for the trail since it has two different paths – an old and new trail. May dalawang batang nag volunteer para samahan kame for the new trail. First five to ten minutes was relaxing however the following minutes come with the dare. I thought everything would be very effortless since I had a jogging session before the date. I want my resistance will be safe and sound. I was wrong, mas kakaiba pala ang challenge ng mahaba habang lakaran at dagdagan mo pa ng bigat na nakapatong sa likod. Naging maganda naman ang trek, we had rest after every ten minutes. It is really incredible pulling yourself upward fighting against the gravity. Mabuti na lang we had two from the groups who happened to be the clown. They opt to throw crank jokes and made the group pleased as we are in the middle of nowhere.

We reached camp 8 and serve up the home based, enough high to peek the provinces of Batangas and Cavite and farther Manila areas.

So this is life, learning unusual things in an unusual place. I learned how to appreciate the beautiful nature given by our dearest God, to give importance and concern about the wrecked environment.

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to theend of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." - Winston Churchill

THE PICTURES:


The panoramic view of Mt. Batulao. This would be my mother mountain. Perfect for beginners. Trails wasn't so steep and this is the start of what you call mountainholic. Getting here is no need of extra time, not much need of extra effort. Walking is the most challenge here.




Along the trails, for day trekkers - feel no worry of your drained neck intestines. Ya'll pass by stores offers cold "buko juice". Their version is the best, the most, tasteful buko juice i have ever tasted. Wondering how "yelo" brought up there.



Lunch time shot. Mountain formations were still the same but the daylight gave the vista colours. I would be back to this place soon.

Our guides: Daniel and Jeffrey

4 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Gusto ko sanang mag join sa team niyo. Sino po pede kontakin?

Unknown said...

Nice photos! Nice blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks Maam.. More travel, more climbing.. :)

Unknown said...

Hello! Can I ask for the DIY itinerary? Including the fares for this trip? Thanks a lot!

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates