2 MT. MARIVELES: THE TARAK RIDGE EXPERIENCE.




"The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it"
The best experience ever and I never thought it would more difficult as expected. Indeed the reward really worth and the happiness that you can’t buy. Second ascent since I started loving mountaineering. I understand that the difficulty is much higher that my first ascent.

The group decided to meet up at Genesis Bus Lines around 4’oclock-morning going Bataan. I only knew Mike and Palmes but I know it wouldn’t be hard for us to gain relationship with the group – define bromance. So I brought my partner. It was four hour ride from Cubao to Bataan which gives us time to relax and take rest perhaps.

We arrived around 8’oclock-morning and the group decided to have breakfast after registration. As preparation for the ascent, everybody changed gears for protection both from the sunrise and difficult traverse. Before we start say a lil prayer is important for the safety and thanking Him for this wonderful nature. And the trek started. We walked for couple of minutes in the households until we reached the base camp. We met Aling Cording and her family who happened to live there and take cares of the signage and gave us yummy refreshment – buko juice. Rest for a while then start the official trek.

First two hours the ascent gave me drought, feel like I was dried out. So I asked to take a little break since we had a lot of time for this day. Although yong mga kasama namin medyo sanay na since its not their first nor second but it’s the nth time walking on the top of the mountain but concern is really there. The best part of trek is in the woods, kahit na medyo mabigat na at nakakapagod ang mahahabang lakaran nakatulong naman ang lilim para maibsan ang init ng araw.

Finally we reached Papaya River after closely two and half hours of walk. The group took a rest then cooked for our lunch. Rest for an hour for the reason that we know after the river the real challenge is there. Some took nap and probably fell asleep from the cool surroundings and the sound of running water.

Next..

Here you go, this is the best part of climb from Papaya river going to the summit. Keep in mind that the trail is always left and never cross the river or else it will bring you back to Metro Manila..kidding’. Thought it was just straight ascent pero nagkamali ako. Kunwari lang pala yon dahil after ng dere-derechong daan dun nag umpisa na ang totoong wall climbing. The ascent is not just walking using you feet but this time you need to use your hands as well. It was really tricky, imagine pulling yourself up in a 90 degrees form. Kelangan talaga hawak sa kahoy at baging kung gusto mong makarating sa taas. What I did is one two three rest, one two three rest and so on and so forth. Even Mike who happened to be expert already in climbing gave out, his legs surrendered. Pinulikat siya kaya naisip ko pano pa kaya kaming beginner lang. I prayed to give me us more power, di na ako nagmadali although yong iba naming kasama nagpapahinga na sa taas. So I used my powerful one two three rest again and I’m kinda wondering parang hirap yata abutin sa taas, kanina pa kame umaakyat pero ang hirap yatang abutin ng taas.

Until we reach the grassland which is more difficult. Instead of walking what I did was totally crawling. Gumapang po ako dahil sa mga batong maliliit na naglalaglagan. I had the strongest grip from the grasses. At ng marating ko na ang taas di ko makalimutan na napahiga ako, I laid down the grass for four to five minutes. I never thought how fiddly the ascent was when I saw the entire Bataan and nearby provinces. Di matumbasan na kasiyahan at di ko maisip kung paano kame nakarating sa taas. Ang sarap ng feeling na your on the top of the world.

Social – follows.



HERE ARE THE PICTURES:






























2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

sir meron po kayo contact sa guide?

Unknown said...

Greetings,

This was years ago..anyway, as far as I remember we did not hire any guide that's why I can't give you one.

I apologize.

-THEKDIWANDERER

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates