0 BAGUIO CITY: FIRST TIME IN THE CITY OF PINES


Last Christmas 2011 was my first ever celebration out of town..or out of home. We decided to celebrate holiday in a cold-chilly place. My partner and I are exclusively dating for more than a month and I had a feeling that Baguio would be the witness place for us plus check out the date December 25.  The feeling was right. So no way for Cold Christmas.

Anyway I was excited as the engine started because in few hours I’ll meet the folks and the environment on the summer capital. I didn’t realize how long would be travel. According to my research it will take maximum of seven hours travel. Medyo bored na ako kasi mukhang mabagal yata yong nasakyan naming Bus ng Victory Liner. I can’t sleep nor take a nap coz deep inside there was pleasure seeing unfamiliar places, reminiscing to the outlook where I was born. Every now and then tumitingin ako sa labas reading those signage para malaman ko kung nasaan na kame.

Finally when I feel like we are very near as the Bus moving up I opened my camera and ready for the very best shot to whatever scene we are passing by. Nabuhay na yong dugo at nawala na ung antok. I had the mesmeric eyes when I first see how the zero visibility is. Wala akong makitang bahay habang mabilis ang takbo ng sasakyan.

As is step the soil of Baguio, I feel the wintry entering the pores of my skin and slowly feel the coldness. I thought kaya ko ang lamig ng Baguio without sweater in view of the fact I have freezing station in the office. Kuha ng pictures kahit saan habang hinihintay namin ang sundo para sa bahay na titirhan namin.

We decided to stay in a transient para mas mura, P600/day good enough para ung gastos dun na lang sa pagkain. Discounted pa dahil ung officemate ko ang may-ari. Rest for a while and excited to stroll around the area. Una naming pinuntahan ang Baguio Cathedral, konti lang ang tao at maaga nagsara. Sa busy streets naman ng Session road maririning mo maingay ng busina ng sasakyan at Christmas carols. 

Sabik na akong tumikim ng pagkain ng Baguio, at bago kami umakyat we decided not to eat sa restaurant na very common at makikita sa Manila. Since my partner is a certified traveller, kumain kami sa napakasarap na restaurant with a good deal dalawang ulam plus rice plus coffee for P120 only bad thing is I forgot the name ng resto.


Second day is a gala day. We went to common destinations where Baguio can offer. Maaring wala na lang sa iba pero sabik pa din akong makita dahil nga first time ko. We travel the whole day at maximize the time. Went to Starbucks at Camp John Hay 7’oclock-morning and end at Baguio Cathedral 1130’oclock-evening and welcome the birth of Jesus Christ. I enjoyed a lot. Gusto ko ulit dito magcelebrate ng Christmas next year. 

HERE ARE THE PICTURES:












0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates