4 #THROWBACK 2013: YEAR-END SPECIAL

I can’t tell if 2013 is a fruitful year for me, maybe not in the travel perspective but sacrifices maybe for the job career. Nevertheless let me list down the happenings of the THEKIDWANDERER in 2013. Let the throwback begins!!!


January of this year, I had the chance to summit the highest peak in Luzon. Ever since I started mountaineering, not just a hobby but a serious hobby, Pulag is on the bucket list.  So when the group decided to take Mt. Pulag as a kick-off bash for the year 2013. I quickly made a decision without hesitancy. It’s absolutely a GO! And I would say that time was the lowest temperature I have ever experienced in my life…so far. Hehe. As if I have plans to go where the winter normally lives. Who knows? :)


February arrived..a month of love and luck. My dear and I went to Baler, it is on our bucket list to do the surfing since both of us love the waves. It was my first time having a surfing board that is taller than mine and of course the waves that is larger than the earth. And the experience is the coolest ever..it’s a matter of life and death. Believe me..whew.

It is also a month of luck. We decided to visit one of the crowded places in Manila especially between February and March. It’s a Chinese New Year Celebration. And as a person that has a Chinese lineage I believe the power of FENG SHUI. So I bought lucky charms to fight the bad luck and negatives. It's a Firecrackers celebration indeed.


Now here comes the fire prevention month. March is a sign that summer is coming. And if you’re living in a tropical zone, mind you freezing water will be our best partners in crime. So all you want is to take a deep plunge. And to officially start the summer festivity we decided to visit resorts in Cavite and Laguna.

And to formally declare that we are already in summer season, I decided to do visita iglesia as part of the holy week celebration. I did it for the first time and hopefully I’ll be doing it in the succeeding years. After I punch out from a night shift I went straight to Baclaran as the opening and strolled around Pasay and Makati to complete the seven churches.


And to close the summer madness, TOSOC Mountaineers decided to conquer another cordillera mountain. And I would say Ugo so far is on my top list as the toughest I have ever climbed. Not as the steepest but the longest walked I ever been.


At kung sa akala ko eh magtuloy tuloy na ang magandang na simulan. I never thought that there will be a turning point in my job career. I gave up. I had issues with my previous employer and in the middle of the year I made a decision. I had to resign and seek for another job. I gave up talking to different people over the phone that never knew who they are and where in the earth they’re coming from. Kaya naghanap ako ng work na wala munang calls.

Following to these undertakings, I almost gave up on blogging. I was hired for another company at may pagkakataon na hindi ko na nabubuksan ang blog ko kahit na nasa harap na ako ng computer with internet access. I don’t know maybe I wasn’t prepared enough as I don’t have something to update. I don’t have travels. I was busy with my new career. I was focus with my new work. Pero dahil love ko na ang pagsusulat I decided to make it switch to .com. Through the help of a friend who works well with computers, he helped me make it switch kaya nagkaroon na naman ako ng enthusiasm to start anew.


Then Birthday month arrived..July. Last year before our HK flight, we booked for Bohol as gift for myself. And actually I was kinda worried because I might not be able to fly going there. Remember I just have a new job and they might not allow me to go on leave. How in the hell world would give you that leave credits as I wasn’t regular yet. Buti na lang mabait ang company at pinayagan akong mag four-days leave WITH PAY. Oh ha!

And lucky enough that Bohol is the next bound after HK. I had the chance the witness the beautiful of Bohol province and its famous tourist spots. Although we all know what happened in Bohol, I have this huge hope that everything will go back to normal. So my request and appeal to our beloved people to visit Bohol and help them rebuild their remarkable tourist attractions. So far Bohol is my farthest expedition in the South. Therefore Mindanao is on my bucket list this coming year. 


And to cap-off the yuletide season, I didn't expect for another challenge, I thought that was all it. Start of December is my first ever day hike in Mt. Maculot, Batangas. I would say that the “rockies” is so far the best summit view. Although Pulag is another captivating with the sea of clouds but Maculot offers the diverse of clouds, water, peninsula, forest, volcano…………..and a lot more magnificent views! I didn't expect that I will be having three summit for this year. My average is only two..therefore until now I cannot consider myself as a mountaineer. :p


To complete the year of the Black Snake, we decided to go visit again the Mountain Provinces. So instead of going up to the summit that is already in the highest. We decided to stroll down to the deepest from the summit. This time it will be reverse from the usual hiking. And Sagada is the only place that can offer this sole challenge. The SPELUNKING! Soon on my blog…


So from this recollection, do you think I had a boring year on my travels?

I am looking forward for more travels, more places to visit, more mountain to summit, more countries to visit, more travel blogger friends to meet (do I have one?, wala pa pala..kawawa naman ako walang friends),  more money and more happiness.

GOD BLESS PEOPLE AND HAVE A HAPPY AND FRUITFUL NEW YEAR. LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND SHARE LOVE!

-THEKIDWANDERER


4 COMMENTS:

iAn said...

Wow! You travelled a lot this year. Looking forward to more travels and climbs.

Ako, hindi pa tapos sa lahat ng blogs ko last year. Pressured for my year-ender.

Unknown said...

@Ian.

Buti ka pa bro..marami rami pang isusulat. Ako ubos na. Hehe.

I'm gonna look forward for your year ender blog. :)

Happy New Year

Joy said...

Daming travels and happenings ah. Exciting life:)
My dream too. Mountain climbing:)
happy new year!

Unknown said...

@Joy:

I never thought I had fruitful travel this year. I though it was fail. Ngayon ko lang na realize na marami din pala ako napuntahan.

Happy New Year to you!!!

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates