5 Farewell 2013: What's in Store for 2014. A Fresh Start!


First Day of the Month. First Day of the Year. First Post. New Life, New Beginnings. New Morning. Hell Yeah! Happy New Year folks! Let us go forward joyously to meet it.

The sun sets and another day has just started, not just a single day but will be another 365 days. The year of the water snake has ended and a wooden horse entered.  Now the question is how to kick-start the new year? Today is the start of new adventure. New memories to make. New challenges and obstacles to overcome. New story and Trust God and become FREE.

Before I list down on how 2014 will be more productive, my New Year started with a not-so-good. I spent my night in a tiny four cornered space in front of two monitors. My eyes were drifting over the window watching those colorful fireworks painted over the dark skies. And while people down under shouting and jumping enthusiastically welcome the New Year with full of joy. Sigh. In short, I was working during the New Year’s Eve. Unluckily it is the first time, ever, spending the night away from the family and loved ones. It’s a call of duty.


On the other hand, we managed to have a little party, not in the office but at the bar with little drinks at the Bonifacio’s The Fort Strip. Eventually we are not tiny little beggars; we lost maybe the chance to spend the night with the family but we coped up with celebration. Look at the people..andami diba? Akala ko walang tao dahil halos lahat na sa bahay-bahay para salubungin ang taon and I was wrong. Most of them are teenagers.



Okay, alright. So what I have prepared for this year.

PLANNER
I believe it is essential for me to have this planner for travel itineraries. I’m kind of absent minded when it comes to chronological event so I guess it would be better to have it on my own. And while everyone is keen to complete 19 stickers for SB’ planner and 16 for CBTL, I opt to buy instead the cheap one. After all I don’t really drink coffee so I’m good with generic planners.



EXPECTATIONS
I don’t expect that much since I am a man without the plans. I am more on come what may but surely travel is one of my priority for 2014. I’m also looking forward to meet other bloggers since I haven’t met anyone yet in one year of blogging.

How about New Year resolution? Nahh..never mind talking about it. We all know that the top on the list will always  lose weight. It has been my resolution centuries ago but nothing happened. So this time, sabi nga if this is not the correct tool to work in the garden, just let it be. Although it is part of my goal but, I, will, not, promise, a-ny-more. Hear that?

Nevertheless I read articles about the five most popular resolutions made every New Year. Kahit papano kelangan ko rin isipin ko ano magagawa ko to follow these resolutions.

5. Take up a new hobby. I'm planning to go back to gym at least three times a week then two times on jogging.

4. Make more Money. I really need to save money to support my travel for this year. I can’t think of any sideline as extra income aside from current job. Although they say the perfect business for this year is related to water – resorts, water stations, etc.

3. Improve Relationship. Hmmm. I guess aside from my wonderful love life, I have to keep a good communication with my parents. Hindi ko kasi sila nakakasama for many years now. Nasa probinsiya kasi sila and I'll have to stay in Manila para magtrabaho.

2. Quit Smoking. Okay I admit I smoke. But only if I'm depressed from work at tuwing inuman. But it would be better kung talagang tuluyan nang itigil ang pag smoke. Oh help me.

1. And the most popular ever...Lose Weight. Yeah I know but like what I said it has been my new resolution for centuries now and nothing happened. We'll let see baka swertehin sa 2014. Nasa tao lang yan e.



TRAVELS
And as far as traveling, I know there’s a lot in store for me in 2014. Thanks to seat sale, I have four international travels. It looks like I will not traveling inside the country or maybe the first half of the year. Well of course my dream is to go around in and outside the country. If 2013 is on the road inside for motherland, 2014 is more on South East Asian regions. I have Bangkok and Vientiane in July – perfect for the birthday holiday. Then Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in November and this time I’ll be traveling alone. This will be my first ever solo travel outside the Philippines. So it’s kinda challenging to me. It is a good chance to learn proper travel planning and itineraries.

Photo Source: Google Images | Credit goes to the owner of the photos.

MOUNTAINS
A year without mountain climbs is similar to a year without life. Like I said mountaineering is my serious hobby though not really frequent climber but two or three is enough. February is the initial plan to seize the Cordilleras but no final plan yet either Mt. Kibungan or Mt. Purgatory. I heard so much about Purgatory so I prefer visiting there but still depend on the majority.

Photo Source: Google Images | Credit goes to the owner of the photos.

The year 2013 is indeed a blast and a year to remember. Let's start the day without extra baggage on our shoulder and burden from our hearts. Let's all look forward to welcome joyful New Year with full of hope and courage to face another 365 pages ahead. Make sure to write each and every page with what you are expecting to happen and how to achieve your goals. We shall remember that the best things in life are free. Also, don't forget to PRAY and THANK GOD for what we have right now.

I promise to make 2014 a real good one and I know there's a lot in store waiting for us. Farewell 2013 and Welcome 2014. Happy Prosperous and Fruitful New Year! Cheeeeers!!!


5 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

@Unyol:

Yeba..goodluck din pare for 2014. Let us join together and conquer the Philippines and the world. :)

Unknown said...

Cheers to more travels!

chyngreyes.com said...

nice list, very attainable! kayang kaya mo yan!

taga dito ka din sa the Fort? meet tayo minsan! ^_^

Unknown said...

@Chyng:

Dito po ako Magallanes, well 5 minutes away lang..sige ba meet tayo minsan. :) Pleasure boss.

Taga Malabon din ako, alam mu yan. Haha.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates