6 The Bad, The Bribery and The Triumph; Sagada Here We Come!!!

“Tomorrow’s a brand new day, and it’s never been lived. So don’t dwell on your past because tomorrow doesn’t judge you, and tomorrow doesn’t care about your past. Tomorrow is new, it’s a fresh start, so don’t let people stop you from starting new. Keep tomorrow opens for anything and everything to happen.” I guess this quote from anonymous writer is perfect to describe what happened on our journey to Sagada. I was only expecting for a smooth get-up-and-go holiday break but turned out opposite to what the outlooks.
GL Trans bound to Besao via Sagada
THE BAD
I took a shower before going to sleep so when the time we wake up, it will just a lil fix for ourselves. We slept early so we can wake up early. I set the alarm to 3:30AM and promised to be at Old Dangwa Station by 4AM to catch the first trip. That way we surely get the most prospect adventure.

[December 24, 2013]. We arrived on time since taxis are accessible despite it’s too early before dawn. And the moment I stepped out the cab I was surprised, I can see the number of people I saw yesterday and even more. What the heck, like Seriously???. Sa ganito kaaga? Dito na ba sila natulog? And that what makes me really feel annoyed again. Christmas Eve is very near, not a day but hours in count.

I had no choice but to fall in line again hoping to have tickets this time. More and more people coming in, taxis come and go, people were chatting louder in not common dialects. Ticket booth still closed that time, the line is not that solid to prevent people slips in the queue. Pero marami pa rin talaga ang sumisingit. This really makes me feel BAD! I had no choice, even if I speak in behalf of myself no one listens, they speak their dialect so I better shut my mouth and stay on the line.
Old Dangwa Station - Baguio City

THE BRIBERY
The ticket window opened and some people already secured a slot. I was quiet at the corner yet spiteful, harsh and unkind. The clock hands run quickly and the place is getting clearer. The sun is about to shine and yet we still have no tickets on hand. It’s because people slips the queue. I’m just being honest, that's what happening. So my partner asked me to carry his bags and he will try to make a way. I dunno what he meant and I just complied. I took my headset out and geared on the playlist from my phone. I am aggravated that time and just chose not to speak.

After couple of minutes waiting, the bus arrived and some passengers who got tickets picked their baggage up and put it inside the compartment. And again bitter feeling arises. I dunno where my partner went basta ako tahimik lang nakikinig ng music. Until he called my name asked me to left the line. He was waving the tickets, and I was surprised, how in the world he got the tickets. I didn’t asked him how he got it and just hop in the bus.
Bus Fare: Baguio - Sagada, P220.00
GL Transit - Old Dangwa Station

Do you wish to know what he did? I’ll tell how…

It looks like no more chance for Sagada so he needs to do something just to make it happen. There were group of students that he asked to buy tickets for us and will pay their fares in exchange but unfortunately they have other classmates who asked to buy for them. Only three tickets allowed per person. So he got denied. Next to them is a lonesome woman who is travelling alone. So same story he asked in exchange for free fare. Luckily she agreed and bought the tix for us. Yehey! Hello Sagada.

THE TRIUMPHANT
Thanks God, I know it was bad but wasn’t bad at all. Haha..we just practice and use the resources we have. It’s not about money anyway..it’s just being wise. Kapit patalim na po talaga. The bus left on time since it filled immediately. So it’s about time to take sleep while we are getting higher and higher up to the highest lands.
Inside GL Transit.

Mountains, taken inside the bus en route to Sagada.
After like two hours of travelling, first stop at Atok Benguet. It’s already cold here upon stepping out the bus yet the sun is strongly pointed us. And myself is carenderia aficionado, so I find the foods delicioso. Very Filipino.
Food Price Range: P70 - P120

Bus Stop, Atok Benguet.
Second stop, somewhere in Mountain Province.
Finally, after almost seven hours of butt-numbing travel we finally land the coveted Sagada Province. Sagada is high enough and no way to describe the feeling. I’ll keep you posted of what we did, how things done the great outdoor adventures in less than 24 hours.
Sagada it is!

6 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

Wow! What are your holy week plans? :-)

Unknown said...

Natuwa ako dito - And myself is carenderia aficionado,

hahahaha! :-)

Unknown said...

@Pau..let's go HotAirBalloon. :)

Joy said...

Grabe ang tiyaga nyo:) di na lang me punta dyan. ganyan pala kahirap:)

Unknown said...

Kailan ba yun?

Unknown said...

Sa April daw although may haka haka na ung pinakamalaking organizer hindi daw sasali pero sa Feb 2015 bobonggahan daw nila. :)

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates