6 BAGUIO | How to Spend the Day in the Summer Capital.


The long wait is over. Finally I’ll be having a week long vacation and I absolutely waiting for this very rare moment. I remember the last time was about about six months ago during Bohol trip. And at last I can breathe freely without work related apprehensions and my mind will simply focus on this vacation. Besides its Christmas. I deserve this. I deserve a vacation break. 
Photo Source: islandsofthephilippines.com
Baguio is not very new to me since I visited there once or at most twice a year. So as you noticed I didn’t put anything on the first day itinerary. I have friends there, grew up and lived in Baguio so I asked them to just explore the City of Pines without any plans and no expectations before heading to Sagada the following day. Come what may where all the favors and flavors going to. You know what I mean..hashtag chibugan!

We arrived late noon so we decided to just drop a catnap before heading to nowhere everywhere somewhere in the city. Masarap ang siesta ng Baguio, mainit dahil tirik ang araw pero ramdam mo yong ginaw sa bawat ihip ng hangin. Thanks to Kuya Johnny who gave us a space for his transient although I know it was fully booked but I begged him just to stay for a night since we will proceed to Sagada the next day. 

TRANSIENT HOUSE
You might wanna check Babs Place Transient House for a good stay yet cheap price. You can contact Johnny at 0923 349 8481. I assure you the place is good with a beautiful mountain terrain view outside the window. Cheap price it is for P600/room per night, not per head. And so far this is the best transient house I’ve been minus the aircon (you don’t need it) and hot shower and that's make it already as an expensive hotel. Don’t worry about the hot shower I surely know you need it. They have burner so you can prepare for a hot water before shower, with electric fan, cable TV and shower room. So it’s a complete package for a cheap price. I heard from Sir Johnny; if not Christmas and Panagbenga season, most of their guests are mountaineers.
View from the Window at Babsplace Transient Inn

BAGUIO BY NIGHT

I heard the phone alarmed and I was crazy looking where I put it. I feel asleep that quickly maybe because my body was so damned tired traveling from Manila to Baguio. Additionally I left the window opened so the silence, the cold air added the smoothness of my sleep. We decided to meet by 7PM in SM Baguio so we hurriedly take a shower and prepare for my thick sweater.

After seven months longing for each other, finally we met again – tight hugs, at siyempre ang okrayan hindi mawawala yan. She is considered as one my best friends when she was in Manila.


WHERE TO EAT

Now, we are looking for the best place to fill in the hungry belly. I know I’ve been to Baguio several times but I let my friend decide the best place. Besides, she lives here so she definitely know where and which. She brought us to 50’s DINER for dinner. She mentioned that this is one of the best restaurants and will never be complete without visiting here. And I actually heard so much about this diner. It is situated along General Luna Road, corner of Brent Road in the heart of Baguio City.
It was Sunday night and dinner time so we have to expect what needs to expect. There was huge of people piling outside but we decided to stay and managed to wait. Patience is virtue this time..just saying. Hehe. What make this bistro special are budget friendly yet huge servings of some American dishes. My friend told me that early days..waiters were wearing skate shoes. She doesn't know what happened why it stopped. There are unfamiliar names on the menu and I picked “Gangsta Gangsta” for P135.  Hmmm sounds interesting. I didn’t asked the ingredients I just wanna be surprised. They really served huge servings, looks like good for two persons and it’s tasty. They also have Fruit Shake ranging from P65 – P90.


WHERE TO DRINK
After our HAVEY HEAVY dinner it’s about time to explore how Baguio by night. I know it is known as the Shopping Capital of North with its second hand garments at the very cheap prices. I am fan of Wag-Wag or Ukay-Ukay, promise. So if you want to catch a good deal with signature products then this is the best place for you.

However this time, it’s not about haggling. It’s about haggling with the night life. It’s about time to relax and just chilling around. My friend brought us to Verve Music Lounge. The place looks like luxurious and not affordable place since it is inside the Crown Legacy Hotel in Baguio. So the impression is very expensive and exclusive music lounge. That was my friend impression until one day they checked out and it’s really affordable. The place is huge and comfortable. It is two storey music lounge; carpeted floors and classy sofa. You can sing in there because it has Karaoke TV everywhere hang on the walls. Your voice can be heard all over the place but don't worry they can't see you. Haha. Honestly tinamaan ako dito, medyo nahihilo na ako. Verve closes at 1AM.

Now feels like our drinking session is not enough, so we decided to walk (pampatanggal hilo) for like 20 minutes going to Session Road looking for another place. She brought us to Zola Resto/Cafe; it is in the middle of Upper Session Road above Jollibee. But there was a sudden change of mind; I thought we will continue the session but they ordered coffee instead. Zola offers different dishes such as pizza, pasta, sandwiches, desserts and many more. But I don’t think we have to order more foods. I want more beers, so I can buy you and your friends. Oh darn..hahaha. The ambience is fairly comfy and relaxed. Combinations of strong colors from the lamps, furnitures, and decorations.
Since we chose to just order coffee rather than beer, we ended up with plain conversation. Well medyo lasing lasing na din ako at that time and the place is like spinning so we decided to go home. The sun is about to rise up, it was almost 4AM already. At diko na din ramdam ang lamig dahil siguro sa alcohol sa katawan. We decided to go home since we have to catch up the bus schedule going to Sagada. So if you’re planning going to Baguio without any plans, you might wanna check out these places.

6 COMMENTS:

Balut said...

whoa! you read my mind!

I'm contemplating on Baguio for days now and in fact writing something about it today....

Joy said...

Grabe, ang habaaaa ng gabi nyo:) grandma will be sleeping by then.
Di pa ko nakarating baguio. One Day. .....

Unknown said...

@Coach: I know right. Haha. Indeed we love travels. ;-)

Unknown said...

@MsJoy: Seriously??!! Di mo pa nararating ang baguio..hmmm puntahan mo nan ngayon habang maganda pa. marami na kasi tumitira sa baguio parami na ng parami mga tao.

Senyor Iskwater said...

super informative ng post.... i've been planning to visit Baguio again so I might get some pointers from you. Thanks

Unknown said...

@SenyorIskwater:

Thanks Sir..although marami pa talagang mapupuntahan sa Baguio. iilan lang yan sa mga party places. haha.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates