0 FIRST TIME IN MINDANAO. SOON THE ENCHANTED RIVER AND TINUY-AN FALLS

At last I’m excited that I will finally set foot to the promising land of Mindanao. Though not this year, but in a couple of months’ time there will be crossing out in the bucket list. Thanks to Cebu Pacific for another “PISO-FARE” salvo last night. I think this is one of the perks for the people working graveyard shift. Although if I understanding correctly these kind of promos happened only during Holiday season.

Anyway I know that whenever I heard about Mindanao, first thing comes on my mind is Mt. Apo. But not this time, if I only have the patience to browse my Facebook post about years ago I posted a promise that I’ll go see the ever-majestic Enchanted River. That’s why Butuan would be the first stop.

ENCHANTED RIVER: 
Before Drew Arellano featured about this river on his TV show I already promised that one day I’ll go to Mindanao just to witness the stunning beauty of Enchanted River. I haven’t started blogging yet that time but I used to read blogs from respected travel bloggers. And when they featured about the pristine beauty that only exists in Mindanao I know I have the utmost reason to go here beside Mt. Apo.

I heard that this river has immeasurable depth and there have been numbers of diving expeditions just to know how deep it is but no one succeeded. Huh! This is such a mystery and I just can’t wait to go here. 
The Enchanted River of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur | Photo: www.philippinetouristattractions.com

TINUY-AN FALLS:
This falls is dubbed as the “Niagara Falls of the Philippines” and considered the widest in the country. I think my mentor back in college that if I will visit Mindanao to come see the Enchanted River, I shouldn’t forget to include on my list to check this falls. It means that I’ve been dreaming of Enchanted since college? Huh. I just can’t get over about the river though. Anyway she told me that Tinuy-an Falls would also give you a different kind of excitement measuring about 95 meters wide and 55 meters in height. Wow so basically do I need to go to the border of Canada and the US just to see the Niagara when we already have here in the Philippines?

Tinuy-an Falls of Bislig, Surigao del Sur | Photo: www.pinoyadventurer.com 

BRITANIA GROUP OF ISLANDS:
I haven’t gone to Hundred Islands in Pangasinan yet so don’t expect me that I know this Britania Group of Islands. Honestly never heard about it until today. Thanks to my friend who lend me her card and told me about this one that it should be included on my itinerary. I googled it and jizz, I must be dumb, Britania has something to say, this place has 24 scattered islets around Lianga Bay with pristine and powdery sands. So it’s like Boracay + Hundred Islands. Creep I should go here. 

Britania Group of Islands of Surigao del Sur | Photo: www.lakwatserangparuparo.blogspot.com

So these are the tourist spots that surely on my list. I’m not sure if I have enough time to visit all these, haven’t research yet or if in case two days is enough then please suggest other things to do while in Surigao del Sur. I shall update my itinerary soon. As of the moment I’m really excited to set foot in Mindanao.   

Let me hear your thoughts, please comment below.

0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates