0 REXONA RUN 2014: A RUN FILLED WITH COLORS AND THE MOST VIBRANT


I’m just feeling grateful that am able to join this year’s Rexona Run 2014, #RunToYourBeat. I believe this is the only running event in the country with full of excitement from the most vibrant hip of the beat and the colorful tunnel with trendy neon lights and sounds. Although 2014 is not the year when I started running but this year where I ran most. Thus, it is my first time to join the Rexona Run.

I can see pictures the previous year and it was a total fun filled event. That's why I made sure to be part of this year's Rexona Run. First time with them and honestly they've never failed my expectation except one. THE B-A-N-A-N-A! Haha.

Upon arriving in the venue at the Mall of Asia seaside, I already heard loud sounds coming from the concert grounds, though the place is still dark at 2 AM yet it was enveloped with vehicles and runners joining the event. The 21k category starts at 3 AM and I was on the second batch. While waiting for the go signal I prepared my running app that would measures my run activity. I’m actually using Nike+ though I heard that with RunKeeper you can use it without the Internet Access.

When the signal started for the second batch, we were welcomed by the Statoin1 tunnel after three kilometers away from the starting line. It’s the Electrica Avenue as shown from below pictures; it is filled with strobe lights in different neon colors. There are photo walls for selfie and groupie ops. If you are after the time then I advised not to stay longer here.

I'm so sorry for low quality of images, I'm only using phone camera here.




After the picture ops at the tunnel we geared again back on the road to cover the time we spent and lost at the first tunnel. Even though I enjoyed running, you can’t just avoid aim to break your personal record from your previous runs. That’s why I ran non-stop after 11k mark.

At the 11k mark there where my trouble started. I am so so so so hungrrrry. If my memory serves me right, I was on my way to Luneta near Buendia Bridge. Water is not enough and I started feeling dizzy. I had carboload that night but I guess it is important to have meal again at least two hours before the official run.

My actual plan is to break my personal record. My best so far for half marathon is 3 hours and 3 minutes, I know this is still fail but hey I’m just starting. And I don’t think I can reach 2 hours record because of my weight. Anyway, my plan is no longer successful. I had to do the walk-run-walk pace instead of slow and continuous. I was really in trouble, I was thinking of buying street foods but I realized I don’t have money on my pocket. That is another thing I should consider on my next run – to have cash all the time.

When I get to Luneta area, I told myself that I’m near the finish line, it’s about 7 kilometers to go. When I feel recovered coming from a longer walk I have to start running again – slowly and non-stop.

When I’m near the CCP I was expecting that the B-A-N-A-N-A-ish is on my reach. I know Runrio provides Banana aside from bursting Gatorade and Water Stations. That’s why I love Runrio. Unfortunately nothing! So I had no choice but to continue and finish run.

And then I reached this Station2 Tunnel. As Rexona takes music powered run to the next level. Martin Pulgar is on the job. I got no choice but to have selfie again asking other runner to take me a souvenir photo. 


At the Station3 is where the hot cars parked and some of the hottest DJ’s in town. I guess only 21k runners have the chance to experience all three tunnels. That's why we get high on this Rexona Run! They're actually taking runners into Do More kind of philosophy which stimulates runners into music in different genres.


Then few minutes later, I finally finished my half marathon and per my running app I finished it in 2 hours and 50 minutes which is 10 minutes ahead of time from my previous run. I’m still in.

REXONA RUN 2014 RACE RESULTS:

Here are some of the photos during Rexona Run after party.









0 COMMENTS:

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates