2 RUN UNITED 2 2014, FIRST EVER HALF MARATHON FINISHED

The most anticipated Run United Trilogy 2014 once again wrecked the silence of running community. The first leg happened last March 16, 2014 at the Mall of Asia Complex, and the recently concluded second leg happened last June 1, 2014 at Zero Kilometer in Roxas Boulevard. It is composed of four race categories – 500m, 10k, 21k, and 32k. Perhaps the most awaited because of its unique run united series. You will have to collect three united medals, first leg is about Citivs (Read as Citius) which means Faster, second is Altivs (Read as Altius) which means Higher, and third is Fortivs (Read as Fortius) which means Stronger.


Since I just started running, I’m not aware that it is in sequence, finishing it with three different medals and in different sizes and then form into gigantic piece of cake. I started the second leg so I won’t be able to complete the trilogy. However this would be the start of my predestined running career. I started with shorter distance then go on higher with the trainings, and now I’m proud that I was able to accomplish my first ever half marathon. I had been running on and off for quite sometimes leading to this first 21k. Though the record wasn't good but contented crossing the finish line safe and it felt so gloriously good.


When the day arrived, a mixed of excitement and nervous feeling. Not knowing what to expect. I have set my target time fearlessly to two hours and a half. It started in just slow pace so I won’t waste too much energy that I needed in the latter part. However in 10.55k, I was 30 minutes behind with the goal time. And then it was getting worse. I had to walk to avoid cramps. During that time, my thinking was to finish line but my most concern was the cut-off time. I don’t wanna be drag by the sweeping vehicle; I want to cross the line on my own.





After so much pain, I feel so thrilled and relieved when I get to see the finish arch. I have to exert more effort, I dunno where the adrenaline rush came from, and I ran faster than the normal pace. And the daring target time fell into three hours and six minutes, ranked 2,047 out of 4,308 21k runners.

Running is rewarding. I am helping myself to embrace fitness and a healthy lifestyle. I always post my training activity across social networking sites, not because I'm bragging but to inspire people. Running is not just a solitary activity, but also a powerful social activator. I met people and gained some great inputs that I could share with other runners or beginners like me, to encourage them to branch out and inspire them to do something different to their training routine. I’m happy to be connected with some outstanding and tremendous people. And I want you to keep this in mind, “No Matter How Slow You Go, You Are Still Lapping Everybody on the Couch”. RUN FAST. RUN FREE BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER THAN THERAPY!

Next stop, Run United 3 on October 5, 2014...

2 COMMENTS:

Joy said...

Congratulation. A nice hobby. Good for body soul:)

Unknown said...

Good for Body Soul! I like this Ms. Joy not just physically but spiritually.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates