2 MY PAPA, MY HERO, A FATHER'S DAY TO REMEMBER!

My Father on Coconut tree! He want to give me fresh buko.
“I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started”. – Bartrand Hubbard.
Note: June 15, 2014. Father's Day Celebration in the Philippines.

When I was a kid, my Mother taught me about life. Inside home, she accompanied me to prepare the future, molded my character into a better person, all the lessons, knowledge, the teachings, sermons, and appreciation. While in the outside, my Father was my best partner. He brought me up in the highest mountains and the immeasurable part of the seas. He told me that life is not just about myself alone. Life is about competition and agreement, challenges and acceptance, and the people around you. So today, I want to show how proud and lucky I am having the best Father in the world.

My Papa with his Carabaos.
Here's my niece, fearless riding the mother carabao.
My father does not have any degree, he knows how to read and write but just read and write.. He entered school but up until Grade 3 only. He doesn’t know about advanced mathematics, the sciences, and the latest technology, he doesn’t even know how to use cellular phones or even typing on computer keyboards. But my father’s knowledge is beyond all these. He always told us that he and my mother weren’t able to finish school but they’ll do everything so we can have the sought-after diplomas. We are seven and I’m proud to say that we have all the degrees. They’re not working in the office nor getting huge money, my father is just a simple farmer and a fisherman; my mother stayed at home with her tiny sari-sari store, yet we all finished college. Indeed, their hardships are nothing against the hardships that my parents went through in order to get to me where I started.


The sun passing through the spaces on Coconut Trees.
Corn Fields suffering from the drought.
After almost five years without visiting them, I promised to go back home. And I just did last month. While on the plane, I told myself that I’m going to spend a single day for my father. I want to join him going to ranch, feeding the farm animals. In retrospect, we always do this when I was a kid; I took my elementary in the province so I was my father’s little buddy. I joined him going to the farm or even catching fish through fishnets. That I want to look back all the things we were doing before. Just like the old times. 





Going to ranch, I was panting the whole time. So weird, I climbed mountains nearby Manila and even the highest point in Luzon but I just can’t beat my father despite his age, he is too fast even with ascent hills. He is still strong at the age of 68. I was totally running out of breath. The place is still the same. Nothing has changed. And that’s what I like being here, years had passed but the ambiance never changed. I can still see my father’s small kubo where he rests after hours of plowing the crop fields. Coconut trees standing hard after some storms passed, the rolling mountains kept its dense forest. The sounds of the insects and the smell of the winds remind me of my childhood. And this is what I missed, the memories how my father taught me everything while in this backdrops.



So there is my father, look at him, he still managed to climb the soaring coconut trees just to get fresh buko for me. And I can’t do that. Actually I reminded him not to, I can eat and drink fresh buko back in Manila but he never listened. He just said its okay. He always do it every day. I admired him so much, I am hoping that when I get his age I can still do all these.







Papa, never ending thanking you for all the things you have done to me and our family. Even I travel the world; I can never find someone that is thoughtful, caring and hardworking as you. I wouldn’t be where I am today without you. I never told you that I love you but you know from the innermost feelings in our hearts I and we love you so much. I always admired and respected you for being the most upright person, we might not have interactions but you have made a maximum impact the way I think. You are so selfless and poured unconditional love. I love you so much. And to all father’s in the world. Happy Father’s Day! Godbless you.

2 COMMENTS:

Joy said...

Nakaka touch naman ang kuwento mo about your parents. Kahanga hanga talaga. All praise to them :)

Unknown said...

@Joy: All praises to all the greatest fathers. Happy Father's Day to your Dad Joy.

Popular posts

 

THEKIDWANDERER Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates